Permits and authorised spaces Permits and authorised spaces

If you are a contractor or engineer attending the University to work at the request of a school or department, you may:

  • pay to park as a visitor in one of our designated visitor car parks
  • obtain a contractor parking permit which will provide you with free parking on campus during the period of your contracted work.

Contractor parking permits

Please liaise with your University contact in advance who should contact the Transport department to advise of your attendance on campus and arrange a contractor parking permit. If you are on campus regularly please ask in The Lodge about obtaining a long term laminated parking permit.

If your work requires further authorisation and/ or specific permits to work, please visit the CBRE contractor reception when on site located in the Estates Loading Bay.

In the event of failure to display a valid permit or paying to park (pay and display or pay on foot as applicable), or parking in an inappropriate location such as a disabled bay or hatched area, a Penalty Charge Notice of £70 may be imposed in line with the University's Vehicle Regulations.

Contractor parking

Due to the demand for parking spaces on campus, it is not always possible for vehicles to be parked next to the building you are working in, and on some occasions you may be asked to drop off your equipment prior to parking in an alternative location.

Sales visits

Those attending campus to provide an estimate or for sales meetings are not entitled to a contractor/engineer permit and are required to pay to park as a visitor, unless their UEA contact provides them with a visitor permit.  

Need help? Need help?

Travel and Transport team

  • Telephone: 01603 592353 (Transport Administrator) or for urgent matters out of hours contact Security 01603 592352

  • Email:

  • Location: The Lodge