To request a free space in a locked cycle compound on campus, please complete and submit the form below:
Using the compound
- Remember to lock your cycle, even in the compound
- Never give the code to anybody else
- Cycle compound codes will be changed 29th July this year – remember to reapply for a space!
- All cycles must be removed by July 29th PM - any remaining cycles will be assumed abandoned
- Let us know if you don't need your space - someone else could benefit
Terms and Conditions
- Locked cycle parking does not mean secure. Individuals park cycles at their own risk.
- The UEA does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to cycles parked, whether in locked or unlocked facilities.
- Space in facilities will be offered on a strictly first come first served basis. Every effort will be made to ensure staff and students benefit from locked facilities.
- To ensure the highest levels of occupancy, the number of codes issued exceed the number of spaces. You are not, therefore, guaranteed a cycle space.
- Entry to locked cycle compounds will require a code to a key pad lock, with the exception of ZICER which is operated by Cardax. To avoid un-authorised use, users are asked not to disclose the code to others. Breach of this requirement may result in the facility being withdrawn.
Please inform the Travel and Transport department if you no longer require your space - Transport@uea.ac.uk.
- When a requested compound is over-subscribed, applicants will be notified the compound is full and advised of any alternative compound space on campus.
- Cycles which appear to have been abandoned will be removed and kept for a period of no more than two months. If unclaimed, UEA Security will dispose of the cycle in line with the UEA Abandoned Cycle Policy.
- Some of the Colman House cycle compounds will be used for summer storage with effect from May of each year until 1 October. Users of the compounds affected will be notified in advance by the Travel and Transport department. Application for summer storage should be made to the Security Lodge. Cycles should not be permanently stored in any other compounds over the summer or risk being deemed abandoned and removed by UEA Security.
- Access codes will be changed on the 29th July PM this year and you must apply for the new code when instructed to do so by email. All cycles must be removed from the compounds by 29th July PM or risk being deemed abandoned and removed by UEA Security.
By submitting this form you will be sharing some of your personal data with the University of East Anglia, and we are required by law to look after your information, and help you understand how it will be used.
For further information please see here.