We have designed our cycle parking with security in mind. Spaces are in well-lit areas, typically covered by CCTV: see our cycle parking map for locations across campus. We have over 3000 available spaces to secure your bike on campus and plan to increase this to 4000 spaces this year.
Locked Cycle Compounds
Cyclists looking for extra peace of mind can apply for a space in one of our free-of-charge locked cycle compounds. Spaces are given on a first come, first served basis: to reserve your space please complete the application form.
ZICER Cycle Compound Locker Hire
Our ZICER Cycle Compound also features approximately 80 lockers available to here annually free-of-charge. These are useful to store cycle attire and accessories securely. Padlocks will need to be provided by you.
To reserve a locker please complete the application form.
Summer Cycle Storage for Students
We also have secure longer-term cycle storage for those students leaving campus for the summer. Between May-October the Colman Cycle Compounds become Summer Storage Compounds, secured with a code which only UEA Security have access to.
Placing your cycle into summer storage
- Contact the Lodge to check spaces are available.
- Bring your cycle and a lock (preferably a D Lock) along to the Security Lodge and we will securely label your cycle.
- A Security Officer will show you to the secure compound where you can leave your cycle locked into position with your own lock.
- Remember - the key for your lock is your responsibility, as Security will not hold your key.
- To collect your cycle: bring some ID to the Lodge and we will take you to the compound. Don't forget your key!
Terms and conditions:
- Any cycle not collected by the end of September will be assumed abandoned and removed.
- UEA Security takes no responsibility for cycles locked in these compounds. This service is offered to enhance the security of your cycle, not guarantee it.
- Please note that any details taken when completing the Summer Storage Book will not be used for any other purposes or divulged to any persons outside the Campus Services department.
Cycles deemed to have been abandoned, are first labelled by security and then monitored for one month. Any cycles which remain labelled and in the same location for longer than one month, are removed by security and placed in storage. Abandoned cycles are kept in storage for one month. If during this time cycles remain unclaimed, they are donated to charity for refurbishment and recycling.
This policy is in place due to the high number of cycles left abandoned on campus which take up valuable cycle parking space on racks and in compounds. Abandoned cycles also create opportunities for theft and attract unwanted visitors onto campus.
Cycles that are found unlocked will be removed by security and placed in storage. If cycles remain unclaimed after one month, they will be donated to charity.