The BCRE has a relatively small number of car parking spaces (total capacity of 42) to the rear of the building, some of which are designated as disabled parking, and some for ‘patients’ visiting the Clinical Skills Resource Area (CSRA) to deliver the clinical teaching.
Please note that parking at BCRE is limited to MED staff who were relocated to BCRE and who already had a UEA parking permit when BCRE opened. If you apply for UEA parking you will need to specifically request BCRE car parking. Further information can be found on the Estates travel and transport pages.
With the exception of blue badge holders there will be no parking available for your visitors in the BCRE car park so please note visitors will need to:
- Use the Park & Ride service 10 from Costessey or local bus services. See our Park & Ride webpage for further details & timetables. The Costessey Park & Ride bus stops at Bus Stop B at the NNUH Plaza.
- Park on the main UEA campus and walk across. If non-permit holders plan to park on campus and walk across to meetings, they will require a visitor permit for invited guests and it is important for you to arrange this in advance of their visit and ensure they are aware of the arrangements. The Travel and Transport team based in the Security Lodge on the main campus will hold up to 5 permits, but for larger groups you will need to either send the permit to the guest ahead of the visit or make arrangements for your guests to collect permits from another location on campus on arrival (please ensure they return to their vehicle to display the permit). Visitors are often required to park on the main UEA campus so please ensure your visitors are aware that the walk from here to BCRE will take approximately 20 – 30 minutes. A map showing the walking route will be provided shortly.
- There is limited parking at the Pavilion car park on Colney Lane – 8 minute walk to BCRE. A visitor permit for invited guests should be displayed.
- There are pay & display public car parks adjacent to the BCRE which colleagues/visitors may wish to use and pay for, and we are investigating the potential to lease some additional ‘visitor’ spaces from the owners.
- In light of the above information, please plan your meeting times carefully. You may wish to know that the hospital visiting hours are 10.00 to 12 noon and 14.00 to 16.00. It will be considerably easier to find a space in the public car parks for meetings which start outside of these hours.
Visitor Parking Permits may be purchased from the Travel & Transport Team in the Lodge. Please email your request to email@example.com. Please see our webpage for further details on cost, issuing methods and guidance for use for visitor parking permits.
Bicycle racks are located at both the front and rear of BCRE and we are working on organising covered cycle racks. In the meantime, waterproof bicycle seat covers are available from Amanda Wheeler, floor 2, BCRE.