Access to buildings and residences Access to buildings and residences

How do I gain access to buildings?

  • All students at the UEA have a campus card. The campus card is an identity card and also provides access to services, buildings and car parks at the university.
  • Students are normally given their campus cards when they arrive for campus registration or with the room key if they are staying in UEA accommodation. 
  • If you do not have a campus card or need a replacement, see the IT and Library website.

Why can't I access a building with my card?

  • If you are unable to gain access to a door/zone with your campus card to which you believe you should have access then the Cardax (access control system) is denying you access and you must contact the Campus Card point at the IT Helpdesk in the Library to correct it.

I'm locked out my accommodation

  • During normal working hours, you must attend the Accommodation Office to make arrangements for access.
  • If you are locked out of your residence outside normal working hours, please contact Security on 01603 592352 so that arrangements can be made to provide you with access.
  • Please remember to lock your door and take your key with you at all times.