Norwich Business School Expansion
As part of the project to expand the Norwich Business School, alterations will be made to the Elizabeth Fry building with the majority of works taking place on level 2 of Elizabeth Fry.
These include the removal of doors and the metal ceiling meaning some intermittent drilling. These works will take place in both the level 2 corridor and rooms 2.01 to 2.27A, inclusive of the kitchenette.
Due to the nature of the project the aforementioned dates should be taken as guidance only.
We do anticipate some noise disruption during the course of the project however the more disruptive activities will be taking place out of hours. The site compound for RG Carters will be in the Central Car Park until completion of the project towards the end of January.
Please be advised that in addition to the NBS expansion alterations to Elizabeth Fry, the nominated contractor RG Carter have provided a specific schedule of works affecting the Level 2 kitchenette (2.27A) near the PGR offices. This schedule has been provided to mitigate the need to further access other nearby kitchenette facilities throughout the building.
Please note: the below schedule relates just to 2.27A. The rest of the work will be undertaken through the rest of November/December and finishing January 21st.
- Monday 26th November- Friday 30th November = painting and decorating works
- Monday 3rd December - Friday 7th December = removal of floor finishes, preparations and deep cleaning of units etc.
- Monday 10th December = 5pm latex floor. The kitchenette will have to be locked after this has been carried out and no access will be allowed after 5pm until the following day.
- Tuesday 11th December AM lay carpets to staff seating area.
- Tuesday 11th December PM lay vinyl to kitchenette area.
No access will be allowed when the vinyl is being laid. We will limit this process as best as possible and we shall keep the vinyl works booked in as late in the day as possible.
These works will necessitate taking the level 2 female toilets (2.33 - as indicated in red below) out of use from Wednesday 14th November until Monday 21st January 2019.
Alternative toilet facilities are available in the accessible/unisex toilet on level 2 (2.31 as indicated in green below) and on other floors.