Library Minor Works
Starting 8th July, a small programme of works will take place in the UEA Library.
This is to undertake decoration works in student-facing areas and carry out enabling works for further refurbishment activities next summer 2020.
This phase of works will complete prior to new student arrivals in September.
Refurbishment activities include:
- refreshing paintwork and decoration throughout the building
- enabling works to provide an alternative entrance using 14/01.36 prior to planned replacement of the main Library entrance doors summer 2020
- updating electrical services
- adding power sockets to a number of study pods on floor 01 for students to power and charge devices
- replacing furniture and carpets and adding some bring-your-own-device workstations to the IT Suites on floor 1 and floor 0
- Giving existing toilet facilities a condition re-fresh (providing an improvement to the condition but not a full refurbishment)
Works will cause localised disruption including noise at times.
Particuarly disruptive or noisy activities will be carefully managed to minimise disruption.
Neither IT suite will be closed at the same time, with PCs remaining available in one suite while the other is being refurbished and vice versa.
Unfortunately, due to the current concrete walkway preservation works going on outside the Library, the level 02 extension entrance is not available for duration of the project.