This resource has been created by the Learning Enhancement Team in the Dean of Students' Office. It contains materials for students and for staff to help combat plagiarism and promote good academic practice.
- Take a look at the UEA video ‘What is Plagiarism' for an introduction to the issues.
- Read more about why plagiarism occurs and the skills you'll need to develop to avoid it in our Plagiarism Awareness Overview.
- Our study guides can help you develop the skills needed to avoid plagiarism, such as Referencing your work, Using paraphrase and Using quotations. You will also find interactive materials on these topics on our Blackboard site. To access these resources go to the Academic tab of the UEA Portal and look for the module ‘DOS-LET: Learning Enhancement Team'.
- Find answers to common questions about plagiarism and referencing in our FAQs.
- Find definitions of commonly used terminology related to plagiarism and referencing in our Glossary.
For more in-depth discussion of issues relating to plagiarism and referencing students can speak to one of our tutors. We also run a programme of Academic Skills Workshops that is open to all students registered on UEA courses.
Other sources of information
The Student Union Advice Centre also provides a range of advice on issues relating to your studies at UEA, including plagiarism and collusion.
‘How to recognize plagiarism', Indiana University Bloomington
‘Avoiding plagiarism', University of Leicester
‘Plagiarism tutorial', University of Leeds
'Demystifying citing and referencing', Monash University
'Footnoting (Chicago)', Monash University
'Test your understanding of plagiarism', University of Essex