In June 2016 UEA became a member of HEaTED (Higher Education and Technicians Educational Development) giving its 230 technicians access to a range of training and development opportunities. Here are some useful links to those resources. You may book onto HEaTED courses yourself but you are responsible for obtaining your manager's approval to attend sessions during work time.
How you can reap the benefits of our HEaTED Membership
To start getting benefits from your HEaTED membership there are several things you can do:
- Register free with HEaTED - go to the HEaTED website, click ‘Register’ in the top right-hand corner, supply your details and we will send you information about HEaTED courses and network events.
- Get involved with your HEaTED Network - information about your HEaTED Network Coordinators and the next free events can be found on the Networks page of the HEaTED website.
- Sign up to HEaTED Online Groups - this facility links closely to the Regional Networks. The Online Groups are where HEaTED members from across the UK can share best practice, access HEaTED Regional Network Event reports, take part in discussions and share resources.
- Use the HEaTED Course Directory - the full list of courses available to our members can be found on the HEaTED website. A copy of our latest magazine, which lists with a selection of our courses.
What is HEaTED?
HEaTED is a membership organisation dedicated to supporting Professional Development of Technical staff from all disciplines and specialisms in Higher Education, Further Education and related fields.
We achieve this through:
- Supporting Technicians in their professional and personal development.
- Improving the quality of Technicians across all disciplines, therefore contributing to improvement of the student experience and research.
- Ensuring a long term supply of a high quality technical workforce striving for improvement.
So, contributing to UK PLC through continuous improvement and development of this key workforce.
What does HEaTED do for technical staff?
- Identify, source, and develop specialist training courses for technical staff from all disciplines.
- Provide members with discounted rates on specialist and soft skills professional development and training opportunities.
- Manage Regional and National Networks to enable colleagues from neighbouring institutions to meet and discuss hot topics, share best practice, promote development opportunities and more.
- Provide an online community where members can expand on discussion from Regional Network Events, raise hot topics, and share discussion and best practice with colleagues from other institutions.
- Use the Regional Network Events and online communities to serve as a 'representative voice' for the UK Technical Community in Higher Education, Further Education and related fields.
- Support technical staff on their journeys to Professional Registration.
- Support technical staff in becoming training providers with HEaTED, an important revenue generating opportunity for your institution.