About the day
Come and join us for UEA Learning and Teaching Day 2018 on Thursday 17 May.
The theme for this year’s Day is Show & Tell, with the whole event orientated towards sharing the intriguing and innovative practice which we know is going on all over our campus and at our partner institutions.
We have an exciting new format this year to allow for the greatest variety of content to be included. We have done away with extended presentations, poster presentations and thematic strands. Instead, we are inviting you to simply either show or tell us something about your teaching practice. The emphasis is on sharing your ideas and inspiring others to 'do different' in classrooms across campus and beyond.
- Show will consist of practical demonstrations in the TPSC Foyer (e.g. teaching software, props and equipment).
- Tell will consist of a series of talks of no longer than 15 minutes which share aspects of teaching practice.
- Ian Turner, Head of Forensic Science, University of Derby
Enhancing Education through Gamification - PowerPoint Slides
Video of Keynote presentation
- Pablo Dalby, CSED & STS - Spinning Seminars: a new spin on creating collaborative, student-led learning spaces
- Robert Jenkins, NBS - Getting to know you
- Rebekah Hill, HSC - Electronic Marking. The results of a pilot study
- Cock Van-Oosterhout, ENV - Media techniques to engage students in research papers
- Tom Francis and Vera Cooke, LDC - Roleplay in Action
- Christine Smith & Simon Lygo-Baker, Quality Enhancement, University of Suffolk; Department of Higher Education, University of Surrey - Developing a teaching philosophy: what can we learn from case study examples?
- Rosie Doy, Paul Wright & Tristan Holden, HSC & LLT - A reusable Media Bank for UEA
- Jonathan Wilson, NBS - Using whiteboard animations to support students’ learning
- Christopher Clark, AMA - Hosting Digital Technologies: Pushing the Limits of Blackboard (and Beyond)
- Zoe Jones, Jeremy Schildt and Nonia Williams, LET & STS - Promoting wellbeing across the curriculum
- Mary Leishman, Emily Cutler et al, UEASU - Inclusive Teaching - a student perspective
- Paul McDermott & Robert Jenkins, PHA & NBS - An interesting way of running multiple choice tests
- Rosemary Norton, PHA - Lecture recording
- Lawrence Hill, HSC - Paramedic Service - Focus Group Style Dissertation Supervision
- Julia Mackintosh, University of Hertfordshire - Using a research-rich picture to enhance teaching
- Lisa Taylor, HSC - The development of a web-based employability hub for School of Health Sciences (HSC) students to use throughout their studies and into their professional life
- Jeremy Sokhi, PHA - Evaluation of a workshop designed to develop pharmacy students’ understanding of people’s individual needs
Widening Participation session
- Becky Price, Rosie Hannant, FPG, Annamari Ylonen, EDU, Anja Mueller, Rosemary Norton, PHA, Chris Jones, Benjamin Jones, HIS and Helena Gillespie, EDU - Practices challenges and opportunities in widening participation research at UEA
Download a timetable - Updated 12/04/2017
View the Abstracts - Updated 19/04/2017