Have you been using Word for some time but feel there are probably some useful ‘hidden’ tips and techniques that could make life easier? Would these skills be useful:
- putting frequently-used tools onto the Quick Access toolbar
- displaying and interpreting editing marks (non-printing characters) to better understand formatting
- controlling AutoCorrect options including AutoFormat As You Type
- selecting text in alternative ways to allow further formatting options
- creating Sections in a document so that you can have mixed formatting throughout such as page orientation, headers and footers, page numbering and varying column layouts
- including information in documents (such as file name, file size, current date and title pages) with Word fields and Building Blocks
- editing and revision of documents using Comments and Track Changes options
- controlling layout with tabulation and indentation?
This course will include:
- explanation of how to use the techniques
- practical application of the techniques covered
- opportunity to ask questions.
The course is delivered face-to-face and a course booklet will be issued (which is also available on the CSED website).