Do you already have a basic working knowledge of Word (able to create and save documents, apply basic formatting and understand how sections are used) but want to learn some more advanced techniques? Would these skills be useful:
- creating, formatting and using tables for displaying information
- performing simple calculations in tables
- creating templates and styles for producing and formatting homogenous standard documents
- creating a list of data for use in a mail merge
- setting up and using a mail merge to create individualised letters, lists and labels from an existing list of data
- sorting text, number and date information in lists and tables
- producing diagrams or figures using basic drawing tools
- generating an index and a table of contents for a document
- inserting symbols and assigning them to short-cut keystrokes
- inserting, resizing and positioning images?
This course will include:
- explanation of how to use the techniques
- practical application of the techniques covered
- opportunity to ask questions
The course is delivered face-to-face and a course booklet will be issued (which is also available on the CSED website).