Date and time:
Wednesday 31 January 2018, 1.30-4.30pm CANCELLED
Repeated: Tuesday 27 February 2018, 9.00am-12.00pm
Venue: Arts, 1.03
Facilitator: Pip Cartwright, CSED
Do you have spreadsheets of data that you need to summarise as tables or charts? The course will introduce you to a range of techniques to:
- summarise data using statistical functions
- analyse data by looking for relationships in the data
- present data using charts and tables.
This course will include:
- discussions about when different techniques are appropriate for different purposes
- group exercises that address common skills gaps and misconceptions
- individual study, when you will identify and address your own skills gaps, using tutorials and practise files
- opportunities to apply your new skills to a spreadsheet that you already use.
The course is delivered face-to-face and all the course materials are available online, so you can quickly refer to them again at any time. Statistical theory will not be covered and you will only explore functions at a level with which you are already familiar.
NB: If after taking the quiz you are still unsure if this is the course for you, contact Pip Cartwright on extension 3223.