CSED delivers the following programmes which are accredited by external professional organisations and lead to internationally recognised qualifications:
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 3)
- ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (Level 5)
Both of these programmes are accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- PGCert in Higher Education Practice (award: HEA Fellow)
- Developing Teaching Skills (postgraduate module) (award: HEA Associate Fellow)
Both of these programmes are accredited by Advance HE (formerly the Higher Education Academy)
If you want more information please contact the CSED office in the first instance.
Accredited training provides formal recognition of an individual's achievements. Accreditation shows that the student has reached a level of skill and competence assessed against internationally defined standards.
Benefits to Students
- Increased motivation and confidence in their role
- Raised awareness of the importance of their role
- Feel more valued through the organisation’s investment in them
- Greater satisfaction in their work
- Improved employment/promotion prospects
- Possible first step into further education/ training.
Benefits to the organisation
- Recognition internally and externally of the standard of skills/knowledge that Students bring to their work
- Students are more effective as they develop their knowledge, skills and confidence which in turn helps to improve services
- Increased recruitment
- Increased retention
- Emphasised importance of students’ role in the organisation
- Enhanced reputation as an investor in people
- Enhanced customer satisfaction, through increased quality and range of services and activites available
- Increased effectiveness of team.