The Recruitment Events Team runs the Student Recruitment Representatives Scheme. The Scheme gives you the opportunity to work on the University's recruitment events, such as Applicant and Open Days. Student Recruitment Reps gain key skills that graduate employers look for, from leadership, team working and communication skills to problem solving, initiative and commercial awareness. If you want to meet future students, showcase your subject and share your student experiences, this is a great opportunity for you.
Types of work
As a Recruitment Rep, your roles would vary from:
- Leading campus tours
- Leading accommodation tours
- Showcasing your subject area
- Manning registration areas
- Greeting visitors and answering their questions
- Talking about your student experience (including things like clubs and societies)
- Helping set up and run events, including behind the scenes admin work
Details of the Scheme
Work is on an ad hoc basis and is allocated by the Recruitment Events Team. The current rate of pay is £9.16 per hour (including rolled up holiday pay) and is paid monthly in accordance with the UEA payroll calendar.
What we need from you
- Confident talking to visitors
- Knowledgeable about your course
- Friendly and approachable
- Dedication to your job
- Enthusiastic about UEA and Norwich
- In date passport (we need to see the original document) with in date student VISA/residency card if applicable
- A4 birth certificate with proof of your National Insurance number (we need to see the original document)
- Bank details and a current UK bank account
Complete the form here to register your interest. We will be in touch with you over the next few weeks with more information.