UEA’s website and portal are being rebuilt – and the project team, led by ARM and ITCS, – wants to hear your views.
The website and our microsites reinforce our reputation and demonstrates our strengths to prospective students, business partners and others by promoting UEA, our courses, our people and our research.
The Portal is there to reinforce the UEA community as well as support staff in doing their jobs and students with their studies with easy to find services and relevant information.
In the meantime it's business as usual for our current website, so please carry on maintaining your pages and adhering to the guidelines you were given in Liferay training.
If you want to know more about what we're doing, please check out our FAQs. If you have a question not covered by our FAQs, please contact Joe Marshall
- I want to restructure or refresh my section of the website/portal, should I wait for the new website?
- Should maintain my current content (broken links, images, updating information etc)?
- Can I still request a new section or new web page to be built?
- My project/request has been put on hold because of the new website, when will this be addressed?
- Should we review our content in readiness for the new site?
- Who should I talk to if I have Liferay or issues with my sites?
- When will the code freeze end?
- What is code?
- When will the new website be ready/completion date?
- When will my section be reviewed/completed?
- Why haven’t I been consulted about my requirements yet?
- Who in our Faculty/Department is being consulted in regards to the new project?
- Will I still be able use analytics / Siteimprove on my web pages going forward?
- Will I lose my current content with new sites?
- Are the people pages going to be fixed/included in the new website project?
- Will I need to be re-trained to use the new website?
- I have requested new functionality (photo gallery, asset filtering, external login) or look and feel for my web pages, will this be available?
- Will the issues with my current site/pages be fixed?
- Will other system integration be affected – SITS, Blackboard, Evision, PURE?
- Will I be able to add any additional code onto my pages?
- Will the layouts/structures be more flexible on the new website so I can make my pages look better?
- Can we have more visual, interactive pages like the current Research section on the new site?
If you are not a Liferay editor you can still subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news on the Website and Portal Project, Social Media and other Digital Team news.