Estates updates – 21 September
- Additional car parking for SCVA visitors starts on 26 Sept. Extension of the car park beside BIO and creation of new parking spaces on Norfolk Road. The car park will be closed 26 Sept - 4 Nov. Working hours will be 7am and 5pm weekdays and, where possible, noisy work will be undertaken before 10am each day. Norfolk Road will remain open and on-street disabled spaces will still be accessible. In consultation with UEA Grounds, an additional 38 trees will be planted as part of the contract.
- Dangerous tree beside the UEA Broad to be felled on Tuesday 27 September. The footpath has been diverted and fishing pegs cordoned off. Read more
- On-going improvements in Union House. Refurbished toilets, new platform lift, new lighting panels to the canopy over the Union Place entrance. Completion by early November. Read more
- The new University Drive main bus shelter has now opened. The project includes the installation of a new canopy, seating and waiting area. Read more
- The Music passageway between the Shop loading bay and the front of Music will be closed until early December for structural modifications. Read more
- Enabling works for the Integrated Student Science Laboratory Building start soon on the site of the old CD Annexe. Lasting 3 – 4 weeks, this includes ground survey works with the drilling of 30m deep holes to establish the ground conditions. A gravel base will then be created. Some noise will be unavoidable.
- Annual reed cutting will be carried out by boat by members of the Environment Agency next week. Taking place along the River Yare between Earlham Park and Cringleford, this is part of ongoing flood management work. A risk assessment and appropriate licenses have been supplied to the Sustainability Team, and the Grounds Team have been consulted.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.