The current situation is unprecedented and everyone is working hard to ensure we make the best decisions for staff, students, visitors and the university. Please be kind and thoughtful to the entire university community many of whom are also struggling with significant personal challenges and concerns. Please also take a moment to think about any messages that you may post to social media to ensure that they are appropriate for the public arena. We have produced general Covid-19 HR advice and guidance to help colleagues at this time.
We wish to support all staff who may be absent from work due to COVID-19, either:
- As a result of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis
- Whilst they are self-isolating in line with Public Health England guidance;
- If they are caring for a dependant who falls into either of these categories. In this case staff may take the time that is required to meet these commitments and the normal limit of five days dependants leave will not apply.
- If staff are pregnant or have underlying health conditions that place them at greater risk from COVID-19 please work from home. If they are unable to work from home but need to remain absent from work during the current time then they should declare this as sickness absence and use the COVID-19 self-certification absence reason.
- If people in your household are self-isolating please read the NHS advice about staying at home. If you are in any doubt, please contact 111 before returning to work.
- In all circumstances, please do keep your line manager informed.