Delivering to your door
With the latest government measures advising us to stay at home unless absolutely necessary, buying essentials for the home has become that much more difficult.
But never fear - some national organisations are continuing to offer home deliveries to make this adjustment slightly easier and, for those of you still on campus or living in Norfolk, there are also a selection of heroic local businesses who are busy delivering too. From to takeaways to taxis, here’s a quick guide on how you can get essentials to your front door.
To get hold of your food, hygiene products and day-to-day essentials, supermarkets are continuing their delivery services and looking to increase the number of delivery slots available.
Supermarkets offering these slots include but are not limited to: Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Ocado and Iceland. Head to their websites for all the latest updates and to book your delivery slot.
Please note, these services are under extreme pressure at this time are will likely be delayed.
- JustEat has rolled out a ‘no contact’ delivery service for many areas across the country. From the JustEast app on their website you’ll be able to order from local restaurants and takeaways that are still serving the public during this time.
- If you need your fix of katsu curry or pepperoni pizza, Deliveroo is still on hand to deliver these classic meals (and more besides) to your home. You can order your meals online or via their app.
- The One Food Company, a food service based in Norfolk, now has a variety of ‘Meals for Two’ available for delivery. You’ll be able to choose from a set menu of meals, with everything from green coconut curry to pulled BBQ brisket. To get your meal deal on its way, message The One Food Company on Facebook or via email.
- If you’re looking to get your sweet treats in for dessert, Teles Patisserie, a Portuguese bakery in Norfolk, is now delivering baked goods including cake and bread, as well as essentials such as milk, within a five-mile radius of their shop. You can arrange your delivery by messaging Teles Patisserie on Facebook or by giving them a call on 01508 538892.
- Easters of Norwich, a wholesale fresh fruit and veg supplier, has now turned their efforts to delivering boxes of fresh goodness to people’s homes. To order your box, email them at email@example.com or give them a call on 01603 760565.
- For ready meals, Old Hall Farm Shop has you sorted with a selection of pre-made meals as well fresh produce, including meat from their butcher. Take a look at what’s on offer via their Facebook page or call them on 01508 333110.
- The Norwich-based butchers, P B George Butchers, are offering home delivery of their normal produce. Place your order and pay over the phone by calling them on 01603 625358.
- Would you normally pop to Norwich market get supplies? Mike, Debs and Sons, who own a greengrocer stall on Norwich Market are offering home deliveries of fresh fruit and veg. It’s best to call them on 01603 305841 and place your order the day before.
Some taxi services are providing a delivery service both on and off campus. Delivery service includes: collection of pre-paid pharmaceuticals; daily essentials; toiletries; food (click and collect) and other requests.
Please be aware that normal working fares apply – consider organising a delivery for the whole flat/house where necessary to share and cut costs. Other taxi services are also available - call and see if they’d be happy to help with home deliveries.
- ABC Taxis 01603 666333
- Goldstar Taxis 01603 700700
- A2B Taxis 01603 552324
- FiveStar Taxis 01603 455555