Our photography captures real students and staff at UEA and should provide a glimpse into their everyday environment, working, studying and socialising.
It should also capture the energy and excitement of our unconventionally brilliant campus.
Always use approved imagery from our media library. If purchasing stock photography in exceptional circumstances, make sure it follows the guidelines.
- Natural lighting, where feasible
- Uncontrived, unstaged shots
- Real life, including genuine responses ‘in the moment’
- Rich colour and contrast
- Black and white images for rollovers online or statistics page in print
We don’t use:
- People looking directly at the camera
- UEA logos or merchandise in shot where this can appear staged and not natural
- Unusual angles and effects
- Black and white photography as a lead image
Do capture spontaneous moments, like a genuine response
Do photograph places and people in the same natural style
Do let the natural colours and tones in the image speak for themselves
Do use black and white images but not as a lead image
Don’t stage photographs, people respond better when they aren’t aware of the camera
Don’t excessively over dramatise images by adopting moody settings or unusual angles
Don’t add unnecessary filters or effects
Don’t excessively create duotones