The fund exists to support UEA staff in hosting events to engage UEA alumni, when already travelling on University business.
- Applicants must be members of UEA staff, travelling on UEA business
- The application must be for funds to cover an event designed to engage UEA alumni that will take place in addition to the main purpose of travel
- The event should represent good value for money
- Applications must be made in advance of any activity and via the application form. A decision will be made within 2 weeks of receiving an application
You can claim for:
- Food and drink for attendees
- Room hire
- Local travel to an appropriate location
- A single additional nights' accommodation if required for the event
You cannot claim for:
- Any subsidy towards the cost of your trip to the location of your main UEA business
- Any activity not relating directly to hosting an event to engage UEA alumni
Once authorised by the Alumni Relations Manager, the maximum claim per event is £500.
The academic year is broken into two funding blocks - August to January and February to July. Within a funding block, funds will be awarded on a first come first served basis to events that meet the eligibility criteria.
The Alumni Office are happy to discuss proposed events/applications. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2220.
To find out how many alumni there are in the area you are travelling to (and more about them), please visit our Tableau report.
If your application is successful
- The amount awarded will take into account the location, number of attendees and style of the event
- The event must be discussed in advance with the alumni office
- A brief post-event report must be provided upon return to UEA, as well as a list of attendees and event photographs
The alumni office are able to offer the following support for event holders:
- Guidance for how to host your event
- Sending of event invitations
- Online sign-up and collating of responses (if appropriate)
- A post event story in the alumni newsletter
- Assistance ensuring funds are correctly reimbursed after the event
All applications are subject to an assessment against the University’s aims and objectives.