Accommodation for students with disabilities Accommodation for students with disabilities

UEA accommodation includes rooms which have been adapted for use by students with disabilities. These rooms are integrated in flats with non-adapted rooms, rather than being located together in a specific area.

If you have a disability, we encourage you to declare this in your accommodation application. We ask you to do this because informing us of your disability and any necessary accommodation adaptations will help us to make the most appropriate room allocation for you. In most instances, an appropriately adapted room will already be available; if this this is not the case, we will consider making further adaptations to meet your needs, where it is possible to do so.

In order to make appropriate accommodation allocations for students with disabilities, we work closely with colleagues in the Disability Service within the Student Support Centre. Please contact them to disclose your disability and provide any relevant medical evidence. If you provide evidence to the Disability Team, you do not need to provide the same evidence to the Accommodation Office.


General Information

If you require a live-in carer, please inform us of this in your accommodation application. We will allocate your carer the room next to yours.

If you require a sharps or clinical waste bin, it is your responsibility to provide this item.

If you require a fridge in your room for the storage of medication, you must provide medical evidence to the Disability Team or the Accommodation Office. It is your responsibility to provide the mini-fridge and to remove it from residences when you move out.

Adapted rooms



Disability support



DSA-linked reduced fees