The accommodation licence The accommodation licence

Before you apply for accommodation in university residences, you should be aware that in order to take up an accommodation offer, you must sign a contract. The type of contract we use is a Licence, and we ask you to do this at the time of your arrival at UEA. The Licence sets out your room details, the exact dates of the licence period and the complete licence fee.

We strongly advise you to read the Terms and Conditions of the Licence before you apply for accommodation in University residences. As a Licensee, you are committed to paying the whole licence fee, even if you want to move out early except under certain circumstances. Please note that we will not release students from their licences for field work or writing up periods.

As a Licensee, it is your responsibility to be familiar with the Terms and Conditions of your licence. Breaches of the terms and conditions may invalidate your licence or insurance. Particular breaches may also incur additional costs.

Many of our rules and regulations exist to protect the safety and well-being of each individual resident. There is a list of prohibited items and activities in the Terms and Conditions. All resident must comply with these. This means that you should be able to expect respectful neighbours and an ordered, safe, and secure environment in university residences.

Terms and Conditions